Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Celebrating Women Everywhere!

It's International Womens day!

Take time today to celebrate all the amazing things women have contributed to this world.  Celebrate being a mom, a sister, an aunt, a wife, a grandmother, a daughter, a lover, a fighter, a giver, a perfectly imperfect blessing that gets better with age! I'd have to say, turning 23 was pretty rough (those who know me understand the quarter-life crisis I went through!) but I can honestly say I have never felt more confident, beautiful, courageous, and happy in my entire life.

I'll be honest, I didn't even know this day existed--Sorry ladies! I was perusing the Internet and stumbled upon Google where I was shocked to learn we had a day all to ourselves! It's refreshing to see, learn, and read about empowering women--especially during times where it feels like we are all our own worst enemy. This made me want to share my idea of powerful, sexy, and smart women that have always been an inspiration to me.

"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it."
--Marilyn Monroe


Koren Zailckas, Author

Imogen Heap, Artist

Misty May, Professional Volleyball Player

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, Actresses

Karen Leigh Hopkins, Screenwriter

Celine Dion, Singer

Carrie Bradshaw (SJP), writer, 
 fashionista, friend

2345

No comments:

Post a Comment