Saturday, March 5, 2011

Insert Creative Title {here}

My first blog post. Eeek!
I'll start with this.

For those who know me and know me well, my mind is at a constant tick.  At any moment I could burst and sometimes, although rarely, that happens. Some people talk, some people draw, some people cry....I write. It's my way of internal organization, my breath of fresh air.

I'm also hoping blogging will help me in my professional life. This isn't my first time blogging. In fact, I've been blogging since I was about 15.  However, after spending an extraordinary amount of time pounding at the keys for class, internships, and now being responsible for blogging, twitter-ing, and facebooking for a real job, I'm beginning to realize writing might just take me where I want to be.
SO--
Read at your own risk. These posts are just compilations of my thoughts, personal experiences, what motivates, inspires and challenges me, advice, quotes (meaningful or simply just compelling) what I love, what I've learned, pictures, and poetry.
I'm not saying I'm talented, and you certainly don't have to think that either, it's just me, open, anxious, and willing to speak (or write) my mind. I appreciate any feedback or thoughts of your own!

Also, I'm going to try to include at least one quote per post. So here it goes....this is one of my faves!
"Writing is its own upper. Pounding on my computer keys feels like playing the piano, like arranging words into harmony that sings back to me."
--Koren Zailckas, Story of a Drunken Girlhood
2345

No comments:

Post a Comment