Thursday, May 5, 2011

"Keep Calm & Carry on"

Everyone has bad days. Some people know how to hide them more than others. I've always considered myself an Oscar-worthy actress when it comes to my pretending skills.

Part of growing up is learning how to better deal with problems. Trust me, I'd love to stomp my feet, throw my phone, and scream until my face turns blue, but unfortunately throwing at temper tantrum at 23 is pretty "frowned upon."

So...how do you deal? Here's a method I've been working on...

Before bed I try to think of one good thing that has happened during the day. Just one thing. It could be a smile from a stranger, a song on the radio that reminded me of a memory, or even getting something done on my to-do list.

Reminding myself of the simple pleasures of life, the people who inspire me, and the goals I am striving for make those rough days much more manageable. Learning how to deal with bad days make good days even better.  Thinking of peaceful, beautiful places helps too!

How insanely gorgeous and serene do these places look?







I want this garden in my backyard.






Put this on my to-do list.






All you need is a cabana boy...




I could run in this field of flowers
any day.
2345

No comments:

Post a Comment